img003_zpse78a9830

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Funny story

The other night while I was at work and Andy was home with the kids and he got locked out of the house...yes the kids were in the house. Andy had gone outside for a minute and Morgan accidentally locked the door behind him. So when he tried to open the door and couldn't get in Morgan couldn't figure out how to unlock the door.

So Andy ran around back to the sliding door and of course it had the wooden stick in it so he couldn't open that either. Morgan couldn't reach it because we put it up high for that exact reason of not being able to reach it and escape.

Remember what time of year it is and Andy had just gone out for a minute which means there is snow on the ground and he doesn't have a coat on.

Well he coaches Morgan through different things to try to get the door open. He tells her to get a chair and stand on it. She does and she's too short. Then he tells her to go get her popper rifle gun and try to hit the wooden stick. While he's out there saying "hit it" she keeps missing. If the neighbors were watching they were probably laughing. She finally hits it and it's not hard enough so he says "harder" so she does. After several tries she finally knocks it down and Andy is able to go in.

Andy said he couldn't get mad at her because she was so good with trying to help and she didn't do it on purpose anyway. When he did finally come in she just said "I'm sorry Daddy". He said it was so cute.

When I got home and heard about all this I asked Morgan if she locked Daddy outside and her response was "yes...but I helped him". I just love her!

If you're wondering where Ayden was through all this...well he was in his highchair SCREAMING!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats funny!!! :)

Washburn Family said...

Scary but very cute story! I hope that never happens to me!