img003_zpse78a9830

Friday, March 27, 2009

April Fools

This day always makes me smile. Andy and I started dating because of this day. For those of you who don't know here's the story.

Andy and I met when we both worked at Draper Bank. We talked as co-workers do but nothing serious. He had gotten out of a relationship a couple months prior. The girls I worked with were the match making types. Well they suggested to Andy that he should make up fake wedding invitations for April Fools. He wasn't sure, but I thought that would be fun to send to my step brothers. Well one thing led to another and the girls convinced Andy to be "the guy" in the photo and they took us out to take pictures. I had them developed for FREE because my sister worked at a One Hour Photo. I had connections with a printing company through my uncle, so we got real looking invitations printed for FREE with the date of the wedding as April 31st (which there, of course, is no such day). Since I had so many invitations I sent some out to a few family and friends. Andy did too!

It was fun to hear the different reactions. Some caught on quick, others we had to explain it was a joke. It was fun though.

As for the girls at work trying to set us up...I guess it worked! We had so much fun taking the pictures that day that I asked Andy out on our first date. Yep...you read right I asked him!

So there you go, an April Fools memory.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

cute story, and a great april fool's joke!!!